What is my unicard for?
Your unicard is a swipe card that works as a key. It can give registered users access to;
- Many university buildings and rooms.
- Some halls of residence buildings and rooms.
- Using the library, borrowing books and other items.
- Borrowing equipment from our Media Centres.
It can also be used to pay for things on campus instead of cash. You can add cash to your unicard online. The university may also add payments for students such as bursaries to your unicard. Students and staff can use it to pay for the following on campus:
- Buy food and drink at any University of Brighton café and get 10% discount on every purchase. (Please note this does not include alcohol.)
- Buy food and drink at Student Union cafes, restaurants and shops.
- Sport and recreation membership from Sport Brighton.
- Reprographics services – including printing, binding and photocopying.
- Buy IT consumables from the Computer Store and Media Centres.
- Pay library fines online
You can also manage your UniCard Account online. This means you can top up your UniCard account with a debit or credit card, pay library fines online and review your transactions. See Managing your UniCard Account for more information.